Petrie Ford Automotive Careers, Kingston, Ontario dealer
Petrie Ford, Ontario
Careers at Petrie Ford
We are always searching for our next recruits, but we are immediately filling positions listed in the section below.
Please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to: Careers [at] PetrieFord.com
We are currently accepting applications for:
Auto Techs - 310S, 310A, 310T
Petrie Ford – Kingston, Ontario
Wage: $27 to $30 / hour
Certified Technicians required for a very busy shop.
Petrie Ford is family run and has been Kingston’s Ford Store since 1949. Our service department is one of the largest in the area with plenty of work to go around. We also have the largest parts warehouse in the region to support our technicians in maximizing their flat rate hours.
- Diagnose, test, and repair a wide range of vehicle types
- Adhere to quality repair standards and Ford’s ‘fix it right the first time’ metrics
- Assisting others as a key player on our team of skilled techs
- Keep accurate notes and recordings of time spent and diagnoses
- Able to lift at least 50lbs on a daily basis
- Maintain a safe and clean workstation
- Reporting to and performing the tasks directed by the Service Manager
- Professionally liaising with service advisors and fellow technician effectively and efficiently
- 310S Certification (will consider 310A and 310T), preferable with Ford experience
- Strong technical and electronic experience preferred
- Ability to proactively problem-solve and think logically
- Independently perform necessary diagnostics and repairs
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work with others within a team
- Good computer knowledge and skills, preferably using PBS dealer management system
- Valid driver’s license
If you are a team player who wants to join us at Petrie Ford then please submit your confidential application to careers [at] petrieford.com
Lube & Tire - Technician Apprentice
Petrie Ford is seeking an experienced and motivated team player to complement our team of successful technicians. The Lube and Tire Technician performs preventative and light maintenance on vehicles and experience in this position is an asset. For the right candidate, we are willing to train. Most of our most successful Master Technicians began their career as a Lube and Tire Technician. We are happy to invest in career oriented individuals who seek a lucrative career as a licensed automotive technician.
Full Time Hours:
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. Occasional Saturday's 8am to 2pm.
Duties Include – not limited to:
• Tire repairs • Tire / Rim construction, deconstruction, balancing and mounting. • Oil changes • Basic repairs / General required maintenance (ie. Light bulb changes, air filters, etc) • Installation of after-market products. • Shop assistance with various labour duties. • Assisting licensed technicians when required.
An interest in long term apprenticeship/career • Basic tools (impact gun, wrenches and socket set among other tools). • Clean, Class ‘G’ license. • High School Diploma or equivalent • Technical skills • Punctual, professional, and hard working Please email your resume to: careers [at] petrieford.com
Please see Chris Sherry – Service Manager – if applying in person.
A rewarding career for the right candidate. Ford has been the best selling vehicle brand in Canada for the last 8 years in a row. Kingston's most established Ford dealership is welcoming additional Sales Professionals to join our experienced team. We are prepared to hire and professionally train successful candidates.
Petrie Ford Sales Consultants enjoy:
- Unbeatable commission plans
- Sales and Marketing support
Successful candidates must have previously worked in commissioned sales and understand the responsibility of creating business and being highly self motivated. Candidates are savvy computer users and are very comfortable using sales software, email, and smartphones. Candidates are also well written and understand the importance of clear and effective communication with clients. Candidates understand that this is a full-time career - at 40 hours a week - and will be required to work weekdays and occasional Saturdays.
Petrie Ford has been Kingston’s Ford Super Store since 1949. We have one of the largest dealerships and lot in the area (over 5 acres) and keep a large inventory (new and used) at all times. Our service department is one of the largest in the area with over 13 retail service bays, over 8 internal service bays, and 6 commercial/heavy truck service bays. Likewise, we have the largest Ford and heavy truck parts warehouse in the Eastern Corridor and supply local Ford and heavy truck dealers with parts.
All submissions are 100% confidential. We respect the sensitivity of changing careers and will provide all the information you need to make an informed decision on your own time. Guarantees are available for highly qualified candidates.
Please email a cover letter and resume to: careers [at] petrieford.com
Want to compare your current commission plan with ours?
Call Mark Carkner, Sales Manager to set up an appointment at 613 546 2211 x234
Commission: 1 year
Ford Trained Diesel Tech
- Diesel Tech Position Requirements
- Ford Trained / Certified on Diesel
- Ability to work on 6.0L, 6.4L, and 6.7L rigs
- Interested in becoming a Senior or Master Technician
- Interested in advancement and promotions within the dealership
Apply for the Diesel Tech Position Now!
Book your Interview with Carl Hayes
email: Carl [at] PetrieFord.com
Call locally: 613 546 2211
Call toll free: 1 866 960 0681
Fax: 613 546 5996